The Group operates in seven countries: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, the Czech Republic, Serbia and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. Following the expansion of operations outside Slovenia, the Triglav Group has entered a phase of internal strengthening and integration.
The business policy outside Slovenia is directed primarily at the standardisation and adjustment of business processes in subsidiaries located abroad to the processes in Zavarovalnica Triglav, as well as at the transfer of know-how and experience acquired in professional liability insurance, marketing, IT technology, finance and accounting to insurance subsidiaries abroad. In addition to this, the Company has the following objectives:
- insuring foreign subsidiaries' risks that exceed equalisation schemes by Pozavarovalnica Triglav Re and in accordance with local legislation;
- using comparative advantages in foreign markets;
- using Triglav's presence in rapid-growth markets to boost the operations of the Triglav Group;
- cross-border servicing of Slovene clients' insurance needs on foreign markets;
- ensuring long-term yields on invested assets;
- higher productivity based on economies of scale and synergies.