Zavarovalnica Triglav is continuing with the upgrade of the entire information system. In order to ensure the efficient functioning of our insurance processes and the development of applications to support new or redesigned insurance products and services, appropriate IT solutions have been designed to accompany the re-engineering of Zavarovalnica Triglav's business processes.
- Non-life insurance IT system: A number of improvements have been made, including the integration of different segments of IT support and the automation of information exchange with external stakeholders. In the business partners segment, activities have been undertaken to improve data quality and the IT department has continued with the development of new functionalities for monitoring the insurance technical results of each individual partner. IT support has been established for the underwriting of new insurance products, the authorisation system has been upgraded, and first steps have been made towards the use of electronic signatures for insurance documents. A comprehensive overhaul of the recovery process for insurance premiums has been conducted, and new software is being developed to support credit and debit card transactions and to establish the necessary conditions for the introduction of the Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA). The department has continued with the upgrade of the IT system supporting non-life insurance. The development of software for claims and subrogation has been completed; accident insurance has been transferred from the personal insurance IT system. Development has started on a new application for the conclusion of contracts "off line", control and processing software is being developed and a new IT system is being introduced to support reinsurance.
- Personal insurance IT system: The migration of the entire life insurance portfolio into the IT-LIFE system has been carried out for both Zavarovalnica Triglav and Triglav Osiguranje, Zagreb. At the same time, adaptations were made to the IT system for sub-ledger records, payment transactions and the system for calculating insurance agent fees for transferred products. After the migration in Slovenia and Croatia was finalised, the Company also carried out the migration of the entire life insurance portfolio from so-called legacy ISOZ into the IT-LIFE system for Triglav Osiguranje, Sarajevo. IT support for all types of life insurance products is now being implemented within the new system.Among other things, IT support has been developed for new products, for the booking of payments by credit cards and for processing and preparing print-out lists for credit and debit card transactions in personal insurance. The Life Circle IT application has been upgraded to facilitate the preparation of offers for the internal and external sales network. On the iTriglav portal site, IT support has been made available for reviewing payments per insurance policy and for reviewing the policy account balance for personal insurance. Provisional calculations have also been made available to enable users to follow the profitability of their insurance policies and other investments (pension insurance) by reviewing movement in assets. Users can now access insurance-related forms and applications via the web site. Furthermore, the portal site also features IT support to facilitate the monitoring of investments: in addition to reviewing information on and actively managing their insurance policies, this application also allows users to create records and follow other investments.IT support has been established for annuity insurance and certain new types of additional insurance have been added to unit-linked life insurance and FLEKS unit-linked insurance for Triglav Osiguranje, Zagreb.In terms of supporting subsidiaries abroad, most activities were carried out in the companies Triglav Osiguranje, Zagreb and Triglav Osiguranje, Belgrade.
- IT support systems: The most important results include the definition of the necessary data sources and the provision of part of the data for the "Prevention and Detection of Fraud" project. The IT department has played an active part in choosing the data warehouse solution and has carried out further activities in the field of the preparation and transfer of data on non-life insurance into the structures of the data warehouse. Furthermore, the department was involved in the introduction of the IT solution for planning sales of non-life insurance. New OLAP cubes have been prepared for monitoring sales per sales channel and for the separate monitoring of key buyers. Several new internet applications for underwriting have been submitted for testing. In the framework of the PSUNT project, a new Lotus Notes application entitled "Internal Acts" has been developed to facilitate the management of internal documents in Zavarovalnica Triglav. The department also participated in the upgrade of the accounting information system to Navision 2009.
- IT system support: The IT department has started upgrading the core infrastructure for creating backup copies in the primary and secondary location. Due to business requirements and larger volume of operations of Zavarovalnica Triglav, some existing communication links were upgraded and some new ones established. The IT Department has provided appropriate environments for the testing and running of upgraded software applications for non-life and personal insurance as well as for support systems and for the data warehouse, the financial statement consolidation and the planning of sales projects.
- IT user support: In addition to providing efficient support to internal and external users, the IT solution, Remedy Help Desk, has been successfully upgraded with an "Asset" module that facilitates the management of the computer equipment register.
- IT support for the Triglav Group: The second successive implementation of targeted IT support for non-life insurance was successfully completed in Triglav Osiguranje, Belgrade in July 2011, and in Triglav Osiguranje, Banja Luka at the end of 2011. In June 2011, the implementation project was launched in Triglav Osiguruvanje, Skopje and it is expected to finish in April 2012. In the framework of the "AdInsure Group" programme, several education and training courses were organised for the international group, consisting of experts on insurance products and IT specialists who are involved in the insurance product unification and design in the Triglav Group.
Security support and IT compliance
The concept of IT management within the Triglav Group has been upgraded. All the necessary preparations were made for a uniform planning and reporting process in the IT sector of all subsidiary insurance companies.
In terms of IT security, the IT department has continued with the gradual transfer of provisions of newly adopted internal acts from the field of IT security into the business processes of Zavarovalnica Triglav, and is in the process of preparing and adopting new internal acts.
In order to establish a uniform information security management system in the Triglav Group, internal acts are gradually being transferred from Zavarovalnica Triglav to subsidiary insurance companies (to Triglav Osiguranje, Belgrade, to Triglav Osiguranje, Zagreb and to Triglav Osiguruvanje, Skopje).
As part of the project of establishing a business continuity system (BCS), the IT department conducted the necessary activities for the preparation of business continuity plans for the key business processes of Zavarovalnica Triglav. The conditions for the introduction of a business continuity system are also starting to be established in Triglav Osiguranje, Zagreb.
Plans for 2012
The IT department will continue with:
- the upgrade of application support for non-life insurance;
- the Data Warehouse project;
- the Planning of Sales project, whose completion is planned before the end of the year;
- the Prevention and Detection of Fraud project, in which completion is also planned before the end of the year;
- the overhaul of the portal site, which will include the overhaul of the Triglav Group web appearance and the introduction of an application supporting the underwriting of non-life and life insurance via the internet.
Further activities will include:
- the promotion of the transfer of knowledge and technology to subsidiary insurance companies by introducing standardised application solutions;
- an upgrade of the information security management system of Zavarovalnica Triglav;
- the completion of the establishment of the business continuity system in Zavarovalnica Triglav;
- the performance of a security check for all public web sites of Zavarovalnica Triglav.